YOU SEE, THERE IS A MAGIC MONEY TREE AFTER ALL… IT’S JUST NOT FOR THE LIKES OF YOU…
So the Trogs get a billion or so and they can spend some of it on giving their nurses a bit of a pay rise.
And, just to show that we do care about old people and the safety of their accommodations, this elderly couple will receive an 8% increase in their income, taking them up to £82.2 million a year
Now, how many countries treat their elderly like that? Scotland would have a black hole if they treated their nonagenarians that way.
Doesn’t it make you proud to be British, with these broad shoulders, pooling and sharing all over the shop?
Royal accounts – some key figures
- £82.2m – Amount the Queen is expected to get from the Sovereign Grant in 2018/2019
- £4.5m – Cost of the Queen and the Royal Family’s official travel
- £288,697 – Amount spent on the Royal Train travel for 14 trips
- £1.2m – Cost of replacing doors on the orangery at Windsor Castle
- £154,000 – Estimated cost of Prince Charles and Camilla using “Cam Force One” – the official government plane – to visit Italy, Romania and Austria